Many people who are interested in studying in Canada wonder if it’s possible to turn their tourist visa into a student visa. The answer is yes – it is possible to change your visa status while in Canada, but there are a few things you need to know about the process. In this blog post, we will discuss the steps you need to take to convert your tourist visa into a student visa. We will also talk about the benefits of studying in Canada, and some of the best universities in the country!
What is a tourist visa and who needs it to enter Canada ?
A tourist visa is a document that allows people from other countries to travel to Canada for the purpose of tourism. To be eligible for a tourist visa, you must be able to show that you have enough money to support yourself during your stay in Canada and that you will leave at the end of your authorized visit. You may also need a visa if you are a citizen of a country that requires one to enter Canada.
How to turn your tourist visa into a student visa while in Canada
If you are already in Canada and would like to switch your tourist visa into a student visa, you will need to go through a process known as “changing status.” Here are the basic steps you will need to take in order to change your status:
- Gather all the required documents, including your passport, visa, proof of funds, and letter of acceptance from a Canadian school.
- Complete an application for change of status. You can find this form on the Citizenship and Immigration Canada website.
- Pay the applicable fees.
- Submit your application and documents to the Canadian government.
- Await a decision from the government. This process can take several months, so be patient!
If you are successful in changing your status, you will be granted a student visa and will be able to start your studies in Canada.
The benefits of having a student visa while studying in Canada are:
- You can work up to 20 hours per week on campus
- Have access to health care services through the province or territory you are studying in
- You may be able to extend your stay in Canada after completing your studies
Tips for making the transition from tourist to student visa easier
- Start by researching the different schools and programs that are available to you. Make a list of your top choices and then research each school’s requirements.
- Make sure you have all of the required documents ready before applying. This includes transcripts, letters of recommendation, proof of funds, and more.
- Apply for your student visa as soon as you have been accepted to a school. This will ensure that you have plenty of time to make the move and get settled in.
- If you have any questions or concerns, be sure to contact the school or embassy for help. They will be able to guide you through the process and answer any questions you may have.
Making the transition from tourist to student visa can seem daunting, but with a little preparation and organization, it can be a breeze.
By researching the different schools and programs available to you and gathering all of the required documents, you will be well on your way. Apply for your student visa as soon as you have been accepted to a school and you will be ready to go.
If you have any questions or concerns, be sure to contact the school or embassy for help. They will be able to guide you through the process and answer any questions you may have. Good luck!